Industrial fans for scrubbing
The toxic and corrosive content of the contaminated gases produced within various chemical processes, such as the electro-plating industry, can be cleaned up by passing the gas stream through a water spray then processing the recovered liquid.
This means scrubber fans and their duct systems handle the most demanding and corrosive of gas streams and must be designed to resist not only water corrosion but also highly aggressive chemical corrosion. Impeller designs from exotic alloys such as Hastelloy or Inconel are the norm.
The need to pass the gas stream through a variety of cleansing mechanisms frequently necessitates high energy fans, all requirements regularly demanded of Halifax Fan.
Relevant construction materials
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
Common fan features
- Gas-tight bearings to isolate potentially dangerous gases within the case
- Shaft sealing from simple PTFE glands through to nitrogen or water-purged carbon ring seals
- Impeller inspection hatches
- Acoustic and thermal lagging solutions
- Inlet / outlet silencers as well as complete acoustic chambers
- Inlet Guide Vane, louvre, butterfly or guillotine dampers
- Safety guards and electrical isolators
- Ambient air inlet filters and silencers
- ATEX in-house testing and certification
Get in touch with our team today
We can advise, design, manufacture and service industrial centrifugal fans from simple combustion fans to complex high temperature hazardous gas handling applications wherever you are in the world.