DIDW centrifugal fans
(Double Inlet Double Width Fans)
Double Inlet Double Width Fans give the same pressure rise but double the flow of a single inlet single width fan.
About our DIDW fans
DIDW Centrifugal Fans are double the width of a conventional fan, they are essentially 2 fan sets back to back with the adjoining case wall removed. This has the advantage of a smaller overall footprint and only one motor is required.
A DIDW Fan gives the same pressure rise but double the flow of a single inlet single width (SISW) fan.
DIDW fans are conventionally used in heating and ventilation however Halifax Fan uses the DIDW’s generic design; couple it with our build quality and offer heavy duty industrial versions. These can be used in many applications where a large volume of air is required against a low to medium pressure.
DIDW fan variants
- Carbon/Stainless steels construction
- Clean air or moderate dust/ash allowable where design allows
- Backward curved or straight impeller blades
- Temperatures in excess of 100°C where design allows
- Direct drive or belt drive.
- Various handings/orientations
- Open inlets or inlet boxes
- Damper or VSD controlable
Benefits of DIDW fans
- High efficiency
- Lower noise
- Smaller foot-print than 2 stand-alone fans
- Only one motor required
Get in touch with our team today
We can advise, design, manufacture and service industrial centrifugal fans from simple combustion fans to complex high temperature hazardous gas handling applications wherever you are in the world.