Forced draft industrial fans
Forced draft (FD) fans are most often associated with the supply of combustion air to boilers, particularly in power generation where the forced supply of oxygen increases the heat transfer rate and enables a smaller boiler to produce more heat.
Control of the airflow utilising variable speed or damper control of the fan may be required. Clean-rooms or operating-rooms may require constant pressurisation of the space and FD fans are ideal for these applications. However, noise may constitute a problem in such applications and filters and acoustic enclosures may be called for.
Relevant construction materials
- Carbon Steel
- Stainless Steel
Common fan features
- Impeller inspection hatches
- Acoustic and thermal lagging solutions
- Inlet / outlet silencers as well as complete acoustic chambers
- Inlet Guide Vane, louvre, butterfly or guillotine dampers
- Safety guards and electrical isolators
- Ambient air inlet filters and silencers
Get in touch with our team today
We can advise, design, manufacture and service industrial centrifugal fans from simple combustion fans to complex high temperature hazardous gas handling applications wherever you are in the world.