Induced draft industrial fans
Where forced draft (FD) fans create positive pressure, induced draft (FD) fans create negative pressure, or put simply, suck air through a system.
Frequently ID and FD fans work in concert in boiler applications. In such applications, the ID fans must be constructed to handle high temperature gases and high particulate loadings.
ID fans are widely used in the food industry to extract cooking odours from the process before passing them through filters an scrubbers prior to extract to the air.
Relevant construction materials
- Stainless Steel
Common fan features
- Shaft sealing from simple PTFE glands through to nitrogen or water-purged carbon ring seals
- Acoustic and thermal lagging solutions.
- Inlet / outlet silencers as well as complete acoustic chambers
- Inlet Guide Vane, louvre, butterfly or guillotine dampers
- Safety guards and electrical isolators
- Ambient air inlet filters and silencers
Get in touch with our team today
We can advise, design, manufacture and service industrial centrifugal fans from simple combustion fans to complex high temperature hazardous gas handling applications wherever you are in the world.